Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

April 24-27th

What a crazy and fast week between finals and graduation!
Finals were fun but nerve wrecking.  It was a great experience, teaching us all about timing and what can be prepped before and finished later.  The chef judges, Michael Leviton, Jeremy Sewall, Chef JJ and Chef John all enjoyed my dishes and gave me wonderful and insightful feedback.  Of course, I know what I would have done differently, but next time :)...

This exercise made me really understand the time and energy that goes into making a dish that works well in terms of flavors, taste, timing, and availability of ingredients.

My Menu that I presented is below with some photos, don't judge too harsh, the food was sitting out for hours before I snapped some photos!!


Graduation Day was a wonderful and exhausting experience.  Everyone worked well together, even though some put more effort into it than others. 
-The decorations worked out well and Sarah and I organized the food prep schedule seamlessly

Everyone truly enjoyed all of the food!!

Graduation taught me how it would be like in a catering company, about how to order quantities and how to manage people and expectations.
















No comments:

Post a Comment